Linda Blair's Experiences With Breast Implants
Ilena Rose
2005-07-09 23:34:39 UTC
http://www.intheknow.org/stories9-5.shtml#blair

Linda Blair

I am sharing my breast implant nightmare publicly for the first time
today. Even though this is very personal and private, I must speak
out.
No one ever warned me about the problems with breast implants. If the
FDA approves them, women will assume they are safe. They are not. I am
living proof. I was sick for years after I had my implants. Now that
they've been removed I am finally starting to feel better.

It's crazy for the U.S. FDA to let these be sold after looking at less
than three years of information. A lot of women are still happy with
their implants after a few years. Our problems start later and get
worse and worse as the years go on.

Isn't it the FDA's job to protect people from harmful food, drugs and
devices? I am joining my colleagues in the entertainment industry to
ask the FDA to do its job.
doomella
2005-07-10 00:57:12 UTC
Post by Ilena Rose
http://www.intheknow.org/stories9-5.shtml#blair
Linda Blair
I am sharing my breast implant nightmare publicly for the first time
today. Even though this is very personal and private, I must speak
out.
No one ever warned me about the problems with breast implants. If the
FDA approves them, women will assume they are safe. They are not.
..."Take my story," continues Blair, stoically, her pink, flaring nostrils
and a barely perceptible quiver providing the only clues of the painful
mammary memories swelling within. "I'd just befriended a couple of pit bulls
who'd followed me home one evening. We were playing tug-of-war with a piece
of raw steak, and they suddenly went beserk and bit my breasts, which
immediately started leaking a pea-green substance." Her eyes, still impishly
twinkling if crinkling with middle age, suddenly go fluorescent and her face
takes on a verdant pallor.
3finger
2005-07-10 02:37:07 UTC
Post by Ilena Rose
[...]
Linda Blair had implants? That great figure was artificially enhanced?
Now that's disappointing!
--
3finger
Chicago Cubs, Back-to-Back World Champions ... 1907-1908
Ilena Rose
2005-07-10 03:31:32 UTC
I applaud her for speaking out about this ...

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org
doomella
2005-07-10 23:25:31 UTC
Post by Ilena Rose
I applaud her for speaking out about this ...
www.BreastImplantAwareness.org
Then I assume it stands to reason that you'll applaud me for standing out
about this unwarranted deluge of tiresome diatribes by over-the-hill women
stupid enough to blow up their boobs to balance out the rest of their
endomorphically cruel proportions. Rightie?

Zeb Quinn
2005-07-10 04:33:42 UTC
Post by Ilena Rose
http://www.intheknow.org/stories9-5.shtml#blair
Linda Blair
I am sharing my breast implant nightmare publicly for the first time
today. Even though this is very personal and private, I must speak
out.
No one ever warned me about the problems with breast implants.
Someone *needed* to warn her?

"... But mama, that's where the fun is
Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun
But mama, that's where the fun is ..."